Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Experimental Sculpture Collection

Wood

Walnut, pine, beeswax and orange extract

2" x 6" x 3"









































Stacked

Wood, wire, hot glue

2"x 4" x 6"























Float
Wood, wire, transfer paper, and gel medium
6" x 3" x 6"

















For the Experimental Sculpture collection I was inspired by organic materials. My intent was to visually communicate a sense of flow. I wanted to focus on using wood because it is an organic material. The piece allowed me to explore cutting wood into non-organic shapes and then making them organic again at the end. I felt that I spent too much time on my first piece not leaving enough Tim for my other two sculptures to be as nice. I want to keep exploring making pieces out of wood because of how successful I was on my first piece.














Amy Joy Watson

amyjoywatson.com












Silvia Heger 

silvia-heger.ed














Terry Kreiter

http://terrykreiter.blogspot.com/2017/11/balsa-wood-and-japanese-tissue-new.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Natural History of The Senses Relief Sculpture

  Wood 2.0 Old butchers block and beeswax and orange extract 6"x 18" x 2" The sculpture visually communicates the feeling woo...